In 1971 John Ulam, the founder of Composite Metal Products began manufacturing finished cookware products under the name All Clad Metal crafters. In 2004 All Clad was purchased by Groupe SEB. With it’s rolling mill based in Southwest Pennsylvania, All Clad Cookware is the only bonded cookware manufacturer that utilizes American craftsmen and American made metals to produce finished bonded cookware products. All Clad cookware is bonded cookware made from bonding different types of metals together to capitalize on each of their unique properties. During the staging process each piece of cookware is hand-inspected to verify it meats All-Clad’s quality standards. During the manufacturing process the unused materials including metal dust are collected and recycled.
All-Clad cookware set features a signature stay-cool handle that is riveted to the body of the cookware. The rivets are made from high-yield-strength stainless steel that is treated to remove iron that could cause corrosion. This problem is not so much found in the top rated cast iron skillets.
With the exception of grill pans, All-Clad cookware is great for smooth cooktops because the cookware is balanced and its contact surfaces are smooth. All five of the All-Clad collections are oven and broiler safe excluding any nonstick items. Nonstick items are not broiler safe but can be put in the oven up to 500°F. When cooking with All-Clad’s conventional cookware it is okay to use wood, plastic and even metal utensils however they suggest using wood or plastic with the nonstick style.
All-Clad features the following 5 collections:
- Stainless: It is All-Clad’s most popular collection. This line will work great on an electric, gas or top notch induction cooktop. This line is also dishwasher safe.
- MC2: All-Clad claims this line to be it’s most solid investment. It features a brushed aluminum alloy exterior. This cookware must be hand washed.
- LTD: This is an anodized line that features a black aluminum alloy exterior. Anodization makes the surface virtually nonstick and easy to clean. This cookware must be hand washed.
- Cop-R-Chef: This is a copper line. The copper enables the cookware’s heat to be controlled precisely and disperse heat evenly. This cookware must be hand washed.
- Copper-Core: This collection is considered to be the premium line. It combines a thick copper core with 18/10 stainless steel on the cooking surface and the exterior. This cookware is dishwasher safe.
Emerilware is named after famed chef Emeril Lagasse. Emerilware is a cookware collaboration between Chef Emeril and All-Clad. Emerilware is not crafted in America like All-Clad’s bonded cookware, it is manufactured in China. Emerilware products are made to the high All-Clad quality standards and withstand Emeril’s test kitchen trials.
Each of the five All-Clad cookware collections and Emerilware feature the All-Clad lifetime warranty. If All-Clad’s care instructions have been followed, All-Clad guarantees to repair or replace any item found defective in material, construction or workmanship under normal use. This excludes damage from misuse or abuse.